Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of the physical education (PE), physical activity and sport they provide.
St. Joseph’s will continue to use this funding from the PE and sport premium to:
• develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport that it provides
• build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
More specifically, the funding will be used to support with the following 5 key indicators:
1. Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
2. Profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport.
More detailed information on how these five indicators will be developed can be found within the school’s PE and Sport Premium Grant Funding action plan.